General English Grammar objective questions for the preparation of competitive exams. Important topic wise MCQs practice sets, useful for SSC CGL, CHSL, CPO, Tier 1 and Tier 2, IBPS Bank PO & clerk and entrance examinations.
English Language and Comprehension for Competitive Exams
English Comprehension : Tier I
Number of Questions : 25
Marks : 50
Syllabus : Candidates’ ability to understand correct English, his basic comprehension and writing ability, etc. would be tested.
English Language and Comprehension Tier-II
Number of Questions : 45
Marks : 135
Syllabus : SSC CGL Tier -2
Vocabulary, grammar, sentence structure, synonyms, antonyms and their correct usage; Spot the Error, Fill in the Blanks, Synonyms/ Homonyms, Antonyms, Spellings/ Detecting mis-spelt words, Idioms & Phrases, One word substitution, Improvement of Sentences, Active/ Passive Voice of Verbs, Conversion into Direct/ Indirect narration, Shuffling of Sentence parts, Shuffling of Sentences in a passage, Cloze Passage, Comprehension Passage. To test comprehension, three or more paragraphs will be given and questions based on those will be asked. At least one paragraph should be a simple one based on a book or a story and the other two paragraphs should be on current affairs, based on a report or an editorial.
Topic Wise English Questions Practice Set
In General, the English questions from the following topics are asked in the competitive exams conducted by Staff Selection Commission. Therefore we are prepared topic wise questions practice set from the previous year exam question paper of SSC CGL, CHSL Exams.
- Direct Indirect Questions : Start Practice Set
- Idioms & Phrases for competitive exams : Start Practice Set
- One word substitution questions : Start Practice Test
- Select the incorrectly spelt word : Start Practice Set
- Synonyms for Competitive Exams : Start Practice Questions
- Antonyms for Competitive Exams : Start Practice Set
- Fill in the Blanks Questions : Start Practice Test
- Substitute the underlined segment : Practice Questions
- Comprehension for SSC CGL, CHSL : Start Practice Set
- Para Jumbles Questions : Start Practice Test
- Active and Passive Voice Questions : Take a Practice Test
- Identify The Grammatical Error : Start Practice Set