English Typing Course book PDF with practice exercise for free download. An English typing course is a structured educational program designed to teach individuals how to type accurately and efficiently using the English language. Typing is an essential skill in today’s digital age, as it is widely used in various professional and personal settings, such as office work, communication, data entry, and more. A step by step guide to qualify the typing test for SSC CGL, CHSL, MTS competitive exams.
English Typing Book
English typing courses book PDF cover the following aspects:
- Keyboard Familiarization: The course begins with introducing students to the standard QWERTY keyboard layout. Students learn the positions of all the keys, including letters, numbers, punctuation, and special characters.
- Touch Typing: Touch typing is a core focus of English typing courses. Students are trained to type without looking at the keyboard, relying on muscle memory to locate and press the keys accurately. This method increases typing speed and reduces errors.
- Key Placement: Students are taught the correct finger placement on the keyboard. This involves assigning specific fingers to particular rows and keys, ensuring efficient and ergonomic typing.
- Accuracy and Speed: English typing courses emphasize the development of both speed and accuracy. Students practice typing exercises and passages to improve their words-per-minute (WPM) count while maintaining precision.
- Typing Techniques: Various techniques are taught, such as the “home row” method and methods for reaching the top and bottom rows of keys. These techniques help students achieve a balance between speed and accuracy.
- Touch-Typing Drills: Typing drills, which include words, sentences, and paragraphs, are used to enhance typing skills. These drills often encompass real-world scenarios, such as business letters, reports, and emails.
- Special Characters and Symbols: Students learn to type special characters, symbols, and numeric keys accurately and efficiently, as these are frequently used in different documents and applications.
- Error Correction: Courses include strategies for error correction. Students are taught how to proofread their work and make corrections efficiently.
- Typing Tests: Regular typing tests are conducted to assess students’ progress. These tests measure typing speed, accuracy, and proficiency.
- Typing Software: Many English typing courses use specialized typing software that provides interactive lessons, drills, and performance tracking. Some software programs also offer fun and engaging typing games.
- Certification: Some typing courses offer certification upon completion. These certificates can be valuable in job applications, particularly for roles that require data entry or typing proficiency.
- Online and Offline Options: English typing courses are available both online and through traditional classroom instruction. Online courses offer flexibility and self-paced learning, while traditional classes provide a structured learning environment.
English Typing Course – 60 Hours
|Lesson No.||Description of Lesson||Practice Time||Working Day|
|Lesson 1||English Typing Basics||–||–|
|Lesson 2||Home Row Keys Practice||1 Hrs||07 Days|
|Lesson 3||Shift Key + Home Row Keys Practice||1 Hrs||03 Days|
|Lesson 4||Upper Row Keys Practice||1 Hrs||04 Days|
|Lesson 5||Shift Key + Upper Row Keys Practice||1 Hrs||04 Days|
|Lesson 6||Simple Word Practice By Home & Upper Row Keys||1 Hrs||05 Days|
|Lesson 7||Bottom-Row Keys Practice||1 Hrs||06 Days|
|Lesson 8||Shift Key + Bottom-Row Keys Practice||1 Hrs||05 Days|
|Lesson 9||Simple Word Practice By All Rows Characters||1 Hrs||05 Days|
|Lesson 10||Fourth Row Number and Symbol Keys||1 Hrs||04 Days|
|Lesson 11||Shift Key + Fourth Row Number and Symbol Keys||1 Hrs||05 Days|
|Lesson 12||Paragraph Practice||1 Hrs||08 Days|
|Lesson 13||Application / Letters Writing||1 Hrs||04 Days|
|Total Working Days||60 Days|
English Typing – Home Key
The home row of the keyboard is the most important to the touch typist.
When at rest the typist’s fingers are positioned, lightly on the
- Left hand fingers on the A S D F keys
- Right hand fingers on the J K L ; keys
- The left index finger will control the F and G keys, the right index finger will control the J and H keys.
- The left middle finger will control the D key, the right middle finger will control the K key
- The left ring finger will control the S key, the right ring finger will control the L key.
- The left little finger will control the A key, the right little finger will control the ; key.
- The spacebar is controlled by the right thumb
English Typing Book
Download : English Typing Course Book PDF
Name : English Typing Course Book
Prepared By : Super Success Institute
Medium : English
Number of pages : 20