List of Major Crops and Producing States in India PDF in Hindi and English for free download. The statistical data of each crop production and percentage of share as per Economics Survey 2022-2023 is very useful for preparation of UPSC, SSC and all competitive exams.
List of Major Crops and Producing States
|Rice||West Bengal, Uttar Pradesh, Punjab|
|Wheat||Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Punjab|
|Maize||Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra|
|Total Nutri/ Coarse Cereals||Karnataka, Rajasthan, Maharashtra|
|Tur||Maharashtra, Karnataka, Uttar Pradesh|
|Gram||Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan|
|Total Pulses||Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Rajasthan|
|Total Foodgrains||Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Punjab|
|Groundnut||Gujarat, Rajasthan, Tamilnadu|
|Rapeseed & Mustard||Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Haryana|
|Soyabean||Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan|
|Sunflower||Karnataka, Telangana, Odisha|
|Total Oilseeds||Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Gujarat|
|Sugarcane||Uttar Pradesh, Maharashtra, Karnataka|
|Cotton||Gujarat, Maharashtra, Telangana|
|Jute & Mesta||West Bengal, Assam, Bihar|
India is an agricultural powerhouse, producing a diverse range of crops due to its varied climate and topography. The country is known for its major crops, and different states contribute significantly to the agricultural output. Here’s an overview of some of the major crops and their producing states in India:
- Leading States: West Bengal, Uttar Pradesh, Andhra Pradesh, Punjab, and Odisha.
- India is one of the largest rice producers globally and is known for its wide variety of rice, including Basmati and non-Basmati varieties.
- Leading States: Punjab, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, and Rajasthan.
- Wheat is a staple food in India and is primarily grown in the northern regions.
- Leading States: Uttar Pradesh, Maharashtra, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, and Andhra Pradesh.
- India is one of the world’s largest producers of sugarcane, used for sugar and other by-products.
- Leading States: Gujarat, Maharashtra, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, and Haryana.
- Cotton is a major cash crop in India, and the country is renowned for producing high-quality cotton.
- Leading States: Madhya Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh, Maharashtra, Rajasthan, and Karnataka.
- Pulses such as lentils, chickpeas, and mung beans are essential sources of protein in the Indian diet.
- Leading States: Assam, West Bengal, Tamil Nadu, and Kerala.
- India is one of the world’s largest tea producers, known for its Darjeeling and Assam teas.
- Leading States: Karnataka, Kerala, and Tamil Nadu.
- The southern states of India, especially Karnataka, produce high-quality coffee beans, including Arabica and Robusta varieties.
- Leading States: Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Gujarat, Maharashtra, and Andhra Pradesh.
- India cultivates various oilseeds, including groundnuts, soybeans, and sunflower seeds, to meet its cooking oil needs.
9. Fruits and Vegetables:
- Leading States: Maharashtra, Andhra Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh, Karnataka, and Gujarat.
- India produces a wide variety of fruits and vegetables, including mangoes, bananas, potatoes, and tomatoes.
- Leading States: Kerala, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, and West Bengal.
- India is renowned for its rich spice production, including black pepper, cardamom, and turmeric.
Download PDF : Major Crops and Producing States in India
Name : Statistical Appendix : List of Major Crops and Producing States
Medium : English
Number of pages : 1
Name : Statistical Appendix : Major Crops and Producing States in India
Medium : Hindi
Number of pages : 1